TRUSTED TRADES CONSUMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Consent to use
1. Genesis Energy Trusted Trades provides a referral service for consumers (“Consumer(s)”) who are seeking electrical, plumbing and/or gasfitting goods and/or services (“Services”) to be provided by third party trade providers (“Trade Provider(s)”).
2. Use by a Consumer of Trusted Trades is governed by these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Genesis Energy reserves the right to vary the Terms at any time without notice. By using Trusted Trades a Consumer agrees to be bound by these Terms. Genesis Energy reserves at its absolute discretion the right to refuse access to Trusted Trades to any person (including anyone found to be in breach of the Terms and Conditions).
Relationship between the applicable parties
3. Genesis Energy is not a party to any relationship entered between a Consumer and a Trade Provider. Once an application is submitted through Trusted Trades, the Consumer will be contacted directly by the Trade Provider.
4. To be referred to one or more Trade Providers, a Consumer must follow the process outlined to them by Genesis Energy (either directly, or on the Trusted Trades website (“Website”)), relating to the applicable Trade Provider.
5. The Trade Provider will make Consumers aware of eligibility criteria (if any), and the Trade Provider(s) own terms and conditions applying to Services. The Consumer acknowledges that the Trade Provider will supply Services under their standard terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the Consumer to obtain and be familiar with the applicable terms and conditions of service before contracting with the Trade Provider.
6. The Trade Provider has provided content to Genesis Energy in relation to the Services. Genesis Energy does not endorse, warrant, make any representation above, or take responsibility for, such content or Services provided by a Trade Provider. The Consumer is responsible for independently verifying the suitability of any Services to the Consumer.
7. Genesis Energy makes no guarantee of, and takes no responsibility for, offers made, or the fulfilment of any Services provided, to a Consumer by a Trade Provider.
8. The Consumer will be responsible for any fees or other payments associated with the Services provided to them by a Trade Provider.
9. The Consumer acknowledges that Genesis Energy may receive a fee from the Trade Provider in relation to their inclusion in Trusted Trades and/or when Consumers receive Services.
10. The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and Fair Trading Act 1986 may imply warranties or conditions, or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These Terms must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions. Subject only to this, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all responsibility and liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss or damage however caused (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or loss of profits) in relation to the Services, including the information provided by the Trade Provider for use on Trusted Trades. Where any such liability cannot be excluded, then to the extent permitted by law Genesis Energy limits its liability under these Terms to any amount it received from the Trade Provider in relation to the relevant Consumer under clause 9 of these Terms.
Privacy, Information and Security
12. Genesis Energy may contact Consumers using details provided on the Website to see if it can help Consumers who don’t complete the online application process.
13. Genesis Energy may contact Consumers who have used Trusted Trades using details provided to Trusted Trades to request feedback on the selected tradespeople and the Trusted Trades service. Consumers using Trusted Trades, pursuant to section 11(2) of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, that Genesis Energy does need to include a functional unsubscribe facility when emailing consumers for this purpose. We may use any feedback for any purpose. We will have no obligation to acknowledge your feedback or compensate you for our use of the feedback.
14. The Website is part of the Genesis Energy website. Where a Consumer uses the Website, Genesis Energy’s Internet Access Terms and Conditions of Use apply. These are available here.